FUEL & LUBRICANTS
GREEN HYDROGEN PRODUCTION
PERSONLISED EMISSIONS DATA
Standard Bench Test (SBC)
Lean Spike / Fuel Cut
OBD limit / threshold ageing
Custom OEM Cycles
R&D ageing – high-rate poisoning / high temperature to examine washcoat
Knowledgebase Advanced Offering
‘Golden Catalyst replication’ – cloning on-road vehicle aged catalysts
Virtual testing services & modelling
PGM Thrifting Services (Precious Group Metals)
Catalyst poisoning – doping with multiple compounds
Fuel & Lubricants – understanding catalyst performance
Collaborative Research & Development Projects to Clean Air Development Partnership
Characterisation Performance Tests
Oxygen Storage Capacity Test (OSC)
Light-Off Test (Fast / Slow)
Lambda / Air Fuel Ratio Sweep (AFR)
Drive Cycle Test (WLTC)
Advanced Characterisation Services
Precious Metal Loading Measurement
Transmission Electron Microscopy (TEM)
Scanning electron microscopy (SEM)
Brunauer, Emmett and Teller (BET) surface area measurements
CASE STUDY: DATA DRIVEN REPLICATION OF A CATALYST
- CATAGEN toolset was used to generate catalyst hardware aged equivalently to a bespoke customer ageing protocol, with the added benefit of a reduction in ageing time.
- This can have a positive impact on the number of hours needed to age the catalyst and the associated cost reduction
- However, we had to be sure that speeding up the process will not affect the quality of our services and our data.
- The CATAGEN toolset, specifically the CATAGEN Ageing Metric, was used to quantify the bespoke customer ageing experience.
- An equivalent CATAGEN ageing cycle was specified and executed with industry leading control and repeatability.
- The CATAGEN Ageing Metric was used to specify the ageing approach with a 25% time reduction over the customer cycle (295 hours vs 400+ hours).
- We achieved it in a shorter timeframe than on the customer test bench, due to increased ageing temperatures and extended, uninterrupted ageing phases (up to 175 hours per phase in this case).
- Ageing was complete with high repeatability and accuracy on the OMEGA test vehicle, with catalyst equivalency validated on the customer test bench.